We originally designed the ET-4 to be used with an expression pedal. On the ET-4.1 and ET-4.2 an expression pedal allows you to control the timbre of the instrument by changing the filter cutoff frequency. With the ET-4.3, you can use two separate expression pedals at the same time to control a combination of different sonic qualities.
Inside our expression pedal is a sealed conductive plastic potentiometer manufactured by Dunlop that is rated for 1,000,000 cycles - this is the smoothest and most reliable potentiometer we could find anywhere. The enclosure is made of cast aluminum and powder coated to match the ET-4 series instruments. The nameplate on this pedal is made of the same Black Walnut we use on the ET-4 and finished by hand with the same process. The included 3-conductor cord is designed to perfectly mate with the ET-4 and is made using cotton overbraid wire with a right-angle Amphenol connector for the instrument and a straight connector for the pedal.
Details and Specifications
- Cast aluminum enclosure with durable powder coat finish
- Dunlop "HotPotz II" 100K sealed conductive plastic potentiometer
- Reliable rack and pinion gear mechanism
- Switchcraft jack
- Cotton overbraid 5' cord with Amphenol connectors
- Point-to-point hand wired
- Solid Black Walnut name plate hand-rubbed with an oil finish
- Outside dimensions: 9.5 x 4 x 3"
- Made in Canada